A Journey To Making a Pretty Good Second Income

Everybody wants to make a ton of money, right? Especially now and days with the presence of social media and everyone flashing their money around. Well, not literally flashing money for some, but literal enough where I know that you have to have some sort of money. 

Nice, flashy clothes and jewelry = money. Expensive trips overseas = money. New car = money. Get it? Except we really don’t know how much or what these people did to get the money. That is the beauty of social media; we can lie and show off as much as we want and only we ourselves will know the entire truth. We can create this façade of wealth and status if we want. 

But, enough of that, let me get back on track. We all want to make a ton of money. Right? It seems so easy now to be able to bring in some big checks. Start a business, create a youtube channel, create a blog, find some online hustles. Let me tell you, I have researched this for about 1 year and still feel like there is no easy, legit way to earn some money on the side. 

It all started when I got tired of working a second job on the weekends. I work a full-time 9-5 job. My weekends are supposed to be my free days, my relax time, not time where I go to work at 10pm on a Saturday and don’t get back home until 2pm the next day. I’m too tired to do anything and I have work the next morning, so my weekend just feels like a waste. I wanted to find a way to make money on the side where I didn’t have to leave home. I wanted to be able to make money while I slept (passive income) and didn’t have to physically be at a job. Best yet, I wanted to find something that had the potential to turn into something that can rake me in the big bucks. 

My search began and it never ended. YouTube seemed like too much work at the time. An online business required some startup money that I didn’t have. “Become an online English tutor,” was an article I found somewhere. It seemed easy enough. I had my degree, I spoke English. I thought I would be accepted to the program and start making some easy money. Wrong. I wasn’t accepted for reasons I have no clue and then I just kind of gave up my search. I started writing an eBook that I never could finish. I just kept working my second job and researching ways I could make some money. 

My time was limited and financial resources as well. I even thought about getting into real estate, but like I said, my financial resources were limited.

2019 happened and I became a bit more spiritual and motivated. I started adopting this mentality that I should try and accomplish something eventually and why not start now. I always had good ideas and plenty of them but I just never implemented them. This is 90% of people’s problems; implementation. In March of 2019 I started a YouTube channel. I was watching a YouTuber, Graham Stephen, who is pretty much a millionaire and is savvy in real estate investing and being a kick ass entrepreneur. He made a video on how to start a YouTube channel. He made starting a channel seem so easy, I actually did it. He gave some small tips on how to get your channel to grow; be consistent, be active on YouTube (spam other people’s comments and tell them to watch your videos), and have good content. 

I thought to myself; I didn’t want to put my personal business out there because of my job so I couldn’t really be a vlogger, I was tired of the beauty community and gossip channels, I don’t really have an special talents or skills, so I decided to create an “informational based channel” is what I like to call it. I pretty much regurgitate interesting facts I find on the internet. I figured, people like weird, interesting facts, an attractive girl telling these facts might be a little appealing, and most importantly, you can actually learn some information from my videos. Since I started my channel I pretty much get no views (15 per video max) and I am a little over 100 subs (I won’t even mention yet how I even got those). I only posted 4 videos so far, but I plan to keep at it and see where it takes me. That is why I decided to write a blog. I want to document my journey with YouTube because all I put out on YouTube are the facts; my channel isn’t really about me. 

I want this blog to be about me and my journey. My journey to possibly being able to bring in a decent second income within the next year. 
Alongside me starting my channel, I am beginning to write this blog, and also, I want to begin to write a short eBook (romance of course) to self-publish on amazon. I always buy the 99 cent eBooks on amazon from authors like Alexa Riley or Deborah Bladon and I love the books. I always thought to myself that I can do that. I mean, the books are really no more than 100 pages and the subject matter is basic at best, but its interesting enough to keep readers coming back.

 I also want to document my journey with that as well. I think of myself as a very honest, raw person. I am not afraid to share the truth or tell my story (even though there is not much to tell). However, by documenting my experience my hope is to inspire others or be a source of information for people. I do not have a large social media following; 1400 Instagram followers, not very active on Facebook, and I don’t use Twitter. I haven’t promoted my YouTube to my social media followers and don’t plan to (reasons for that will be in another post), but I do plan to promote my book if it’s any good. 

So, the journey officially begins now. May the odds be in my favor. LOL 

Comments

  1. What a great blog! The way you outlined your vision and the steps you are taking to synthesis these goals are very inspirational. Just as feedback, I would find it even more interesting and insightful if you provided a glimse of your intention of doing these things. Is it purely to be able to make an income out of it? Or does the purpose also involve some form of fulfillment for you? I hope you achieve everything you are working towards!! Good luck :)).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Debut

How to be Happy by Not Giving a F*CK