Pros and Cons of Being Miniscule in the “Internet Sphere”






When I posted my first YouTube video or my first blog post I set realistic but in hindsight, high expectations. I thought that just by me clicking “post” the internet would work its magic and do all the work for me. 
How are these YouTube videos discovered? How do people stumble upon your blog post? Well, I thought the internet would just magically recommend my post or video to a very small group of people and if they responded well to my content then the content would begin to circulate and voila, I’m now on the path to success.
 Wrong! 

I posted my first video and within 1 day nobody watched my video except for that mysterious 1 view you get within minutes of posting. 
I’m guessing its someone on YouTube who reviews the video to make sure it follows the “standards” of YouTube. But, other than that, nobody watched my videos. 
This is when I realized I have to promote my videos some way or another. In previous blog posts, I mentioned spamming other YouTuber’s in their comments pleading for people to watch your videos. 
This actually works.
 I mean, I didn’t get a whole lot of views, but those one or two people who watch your videos are more likely to like the video and leave a comment. Let me tell you this, it’s no better feeling than knowing after all that spamming someone took the time to click on your video and watch it plus leave a comment. 
So, I kept spamming and so far, it hasn’t brought in any serious traffic to my channel, but as we all know, YouTube is a marathon that requires an extreme amount of commitment. 
As far as my blog posts; those get a bit more traffic, but I’m still confused on just how I am getting these 10 or 15 views on my blog that I never promoted. This is what makes me ponder on how exactly the internet works. LOL

But, there are some Pros to being this miniscule content creator on the internet:
1. Nobody can really judge your content because nobody is watching
2. You don’t feel the pressure to post certain content because your audience is very sparse
3. You can take risks with your content without feeling scared
4. You have time to practice perfecting your content and niche
5. Less stress. Since you barely have an audience they can’t make certain demands on what content they would like to see or leave rude comments

Even though I can probably mention a lot of Cons, I will only mention some reasons why it sucks being a super small content creator:
1. NOBODY SEES YOUR CONTENT
2. You feel like all your hard work is for nothing
3. By nobody looking at your content its easier to give up
4. You’re not earning any money

5. Nobody sees your content!

But... I will continue to push forward and keep uploading content. Fingers crossed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey To Making a Pretty Good Second Income

How to be Happy by Not Giving a F*CK

Debut