Reasons Why I Don't Want to Promote YouTube on Social Media

Starting a channel was scary enough, now all the videos I watch say that you SHOULD promote your videos to your social media following. This scared the crap out of me and I refuse to do it. This won’t be a forever thing, but it is definitely a right now thing because of the following reasons….
  1. I don’t know if my content is any good yet. I mean I enjoy my content, but I am sort of a perfectionist and it is much easier to know that nobody I really know is watching my videos. Yes, I am aware that may be weird, but it’s all part of my plan.
  2. My social media followers are people I encounter in real life and people I went to school with. Therefore, I feel kind of weird being this person on YouTube and being someone else in real life. I am not saying the 2 are different, but they are different enough to notice. Everybody is more relaxed in front of a camera, in their room by themselves. You have to admit that you are a different person when you are alone and when you are around people you know. I just don’t want questions regarding any minor personality changes. 
  3. Always wanting to be better. I have a couple of people on Instagram whom I know in real life and actually have hung out with that have YouTube channels. Both have a small number of subs and get a good amount of views. We all started our channels around the same time. They promote theirs via Instagram and Facebook and me I just promote on YouTube. I don’t want people comparing all of us. My content is completely different and once I decide to unveil my channel to Instagram I want my content to be perfected and have at least 1,000 subs. I want people to look at my channel and think “WOW, she’s actually getting views and subs.” In my experience, people are more likely to subscribe and watch your videos when they know other people are too. 
  4. I don’t know if this is something I will really stick with. I mean I hope I do. I change my mind all the time and YouTube can succumb to this. It’s so easy to get caught up with life and not having enough time to just get things done. So, imagine me promoting my videos and then 2 months passes and I am no longer promoting videos because they didn’t really amount to anything and all my followers are probably just thinking, “Another One Bites the Dust.” I am extremely keen on keeping promises and when I say I will do something I actually do it and stick with it (at least try). I just don’t want to be lumped into a category of people who started a YouTube channel and just never followed through with it. 
  5. The most important reason. Scared of failure. I always have one foot in and one foot out. My motto is “hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” At least I won’t be let down if I fail. But, I can never fail if I don’t try and I rather try and fail then never try at all. However, as of right now I rather this failure be between me and my YouTube subs who don’t really know me. LOL 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey To Making a Pretty Good Second Income

How to be Happy by Not Giving a F*CK

Debut