YouTube Game Plan to get Views and Subscribers







As you may know I recently started a YouTube channel in the beginning of March 2019. I have 4 videos posted so far. My channel is an “informational based channel” as I like to call it and the videos I posted are all interesting facts I found about space, the human body, dreams, and facts behind running every day. 
If you haven’t read my first blog post about why I decided to do this type of content, then I will briefly explain myself again. 
I truly do not want to be a YouTuber who puts all their personal business out there and people think they have a right to judge me and have an input on my life. No thank you. I couldn’t imagine coming up with content for a beauty related channel. 
I mean I have naturally curly hair so I could always do a hair channel (doesn’t that equate to a beauty channel though), but having a channel about my hair is so original, right? *Rolls eyes* 
So I asked myself this question; What can I do on YouTube that doesn’t require me to be like everyone else that is successful on YouTube? I guess this may be my downfall; always wanting to be different and be better. But, in my defense, the real reason I feel like I want to be different on YouTube is to show people that using our brains is cool too.
 It’s nice to actually learn something and not get sucked into the YouTube drama or social media drama. Then it came to me one day when I was trying to take a nap. I can give the facts, like the fact channels you see on YouTube. Except, the difference is that I’m not this mysterious voice narrating facts on a video, it’s a real person giving the facts. 
Also, might I add, there are hardly, if any, females doing this type of content. How do I know? I searched for some and couldn’t find any. So, with all of that being said. Here is my plan as a new YouTuber to gain some views and get subscribers and hopefully have at least 1,000 subs by the end of the summer (fingers crossed). 
But remember my motto, “hope for the best, prepare for the worst”. 


There is an overload of information out there on how to grow your channel and how the algorithm works on YouTube and honestly, it takes the fun out of creating. 
It psyches you out of starting and in all honesty, I think that’s the goal – eliminate all competition before it even starts. All the videos you watch on how to start your channel pretty much tell you that it’s so hard in the beginning and it doesn’t really pay off, meanwhile the person in the video has over 200,000 subs and gets amazing views. 
You had to start from somewhere, right? But, they tell you all of these things to do and all of the steps to take when in reality its simple; HAVE AN IDEA, GET A CAMERA OR PHONE TO RECORD ON, RECORD, POST ON YOUTUBE… the end. But with those videos they add a million steps in between and you feel as though you can’t start because you don’t have perfect lighting or sound, but the truth is you can. 
Once I recorded my first video and posted it I was so proud of myself because I actually did it. And I hate to admit but I really expected immediate success as dumb as it sounds. My video got like 14 views since I first posted it. 
I got a couple of comments which really warmed my soul and I kept making videos. My mindset is that eventually my videos will gain momentum and they will get views eventually.
 I plan to continue to tell people in other people’s comments to go watch my videos and interact on YouTube. We will see where this takes me in a couple of weeks or months. I am currently uploading once a week, but I think I may need to increase to 2 times per week. But, that’s another blog post. . .
So, in a nutshell my game plan for YouTube at the moment is; Upload consistently and spam people in other people’s YouTube comments ☺. 
Plain and simple. No algorithm. Not trying to hop on the YouTube train of product reviews, hauls, how to’s etc. (for right now). I am staying true to my content, but I am completely open to change and modification over time which I am sure will happen. 
So, If you are planning on starting YouTube, remember how easy I said it really is. Even though I am a beginner and I mean a beginner beginner, I still feel as though I have insight to add because there is little knowledge on being this small of a YouTuber out there. 
So to end this post; You will feel discouraged, but keep pushing and don’t pay it too much attention. As long as your uploading pretty decent content on a regular basis then you my friend are in a better position than many other aspiring YouTubers. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey To Making a Pretty Good Second Income

Debut

How to be Happy by Not Giving a F*CK